Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Butterfinger Birthday Boy!


Ah, September... One of my most favorite months in year... And in that month, my most favorite day is the 19th! Why? Well, let me enumerate the why's... On the 19th of September:

NOTE: I had a hard time choosing facts about September 19th, because it turned out
that a lot of "Military and Political" events happend on that day.
I guess not everyone celebrates on that day. Well, on to the facts!

1982Scott Fahlman posts the first documented emoticons :-) and :-( on the Carnegie Mellon University Bulletin Board System.
1991Ötzi the Iceman is discovered by German tourists.

Birthdays are also celebrated on the 19th!
1551 – King Henry III of France (d. 1589)
1803Maria Anna of Savoy, Empress of Austria and queen of Hungary and Bohemia (d. 1884)
1908Tatsuo Shimabuku, founder of Isshinryu Karate (d. 1975)
1909Ferry Porsche, Austrian automobile pioneer (d. 1998)
1928Adam West, American actor (BATMAN)

Nice huh? There are lots of things that September 19th is famous for, but for me, the greatest September 19th was the day I was born! Yup, its my birthday, together with these great people and many others. Who knew I have the same birthday as with an Emperor/King? And that Isshinryu Karate Master, I may have Ryu in my blood. hehehe.. Even Porshe? Wow! But top it all off, the BATMAN!

(Gummybear: Wow! I didn't know you have the same birthday 
with those well-known people.
September 19 is indeed AWESOME!)

For me, birthdays are never meant to be celebrated only for the celebrant, quite the opposite. Birthdays for me is a day to remember what you've been through this past year, all the people, places, and events you experienced. Its for the ones you LOVE, and CARE for. And my Greatest Blessing, GummyBear, made sure that this day would be spectacular!

(Gummybear: I would love to do that  all over again and make more 
suprises for my Butterfinger. You're that special to me. VERY SPECIAL.)

First off, she started with another surprise reminder of being on time, that by 10am we should be in the vicinity of Fort Bonifacio. Hmmm... Another surprise? Can't wait! But not to my surprise, my Honey doesn't know how to get to her surprise, hahahaha.. We had to stop and ask for directions. LOL!

(Gummybear: Yep, that is somewhat a little downfall in my surprise not knowing where
is the location of Ford Global so we asked the direction, of course 
he'll know my surprise eventually because he needs to hear the way but
it turned out to be okay,  because as he drove to Ford Global 
he was uncomfortably nervous, shouting "Anong gagawin natin dun, etc?
for he have an idea already of my surprise.
It was a good torture and it was so ridiculous! I love watching him like that. haha!)

GummyBear really out did herself with this one,
A SURPRISE TEST DRIVE OF THE ALL NEW 2010 FORD FOCUS TDCi Sport!!!



As you can plainly see, I was like a kid in a candy store, with free candy! I was also like a food health inspector, looking through every nook and corner of the great Ford Focus... hmmm... What does this button do?.. hehehe.... As great as to discover the new Ford focus, it was a greater experience test driving it!

(Gummybear: I'm so glad that he loved my surprise. 
Just a smile in his face makes my day FLYING. )

The Focus was a joy to drive. Acceleration and torque "safely" torpedoed me pass traffic, all wheel brake system will be the one to catch you in stopping. The experience was very different from my Toyota that I usually drive, it was a beast. Considering my two passengers, namely my lovely GummyBear, and the very accommodative Ms. Generose, I headed back to Ford to park the Focus. 

(Gummybear: Wooh! Love the ride and definitely LOVE taking
pictures of him while driving the car. His DREAM CAR. ) 

We then went ahead to MOA, Mall of Asia, were another surprise awaits!

In MOA, GummyBear told me that her sister wanted a photography magazine, and she asked if we could stop by a magazine store to buy one, then eat. At that time, I was already hungry and still overwhelmed by the surprise earlier, so I wanted to get the magazine and eat lunch already. When we got there, GummyBear asked me to help look for the magazine at the store. While I was looking through the magazines I saw this with the Top Gear Magazine section...............

(Gummybear: Hihi! What will you do if you saw your picture unexpectedly 
in a magazine cover? Haha! Love it! 
I will never ever forget that stucked face. Haha!)

Notice anything??? Those who see it, kudos to you, because I sure was in one big shock...


Oh Yeah! Who's that?! Its the STIG revealed! hehehe... I was laughing my butt off! I was even skeptical at first, I thought it was because of the hunger, was I hallucinating? Then I got hold of the "Special September Issue" of Top Gear Philippines, then it blew my mind, I mean, more than the usual. hahahaha!




Hey, I look kinda good being on Top Gear, agree??
(Gummybear: You're such a sensational Top Gear magazine cover. 
So, you're the Stig?! nifty! )

After everything, and after laughing so hard, we went to another surprise, this time lunch, at..

The FOOD was great! At first I thought the price would be up to the 500Php mark, but surprisingly it was at the 300Php mark. It was a great dining experience, we had Wafu Burgers, Pizza, White sauce Pasta. 

(Gummybear: Everytime we passed this restaurant he always
wanted we eat there. He told me that it will be a tremendous food experience. 
I said to myself, "One day, we will." Then, Sept 19, is the day. 
Indeed it was toothsome and we were stuffed. )


The Wafu Burger was like a much much more upgraded Burger Steak at Jollibee with the great Wafu sauce. It's very juicy and a treat for the palate. The Pizza was of thin crust but the flavor was enough to please big appetites like my GummyBear's and mine. As for the pasta, the shrimp was very good along with the creamy white sauce. Yum yum!




(Gummybear: It's Creamy Ebiko Pasta = luscious white pasta. 
All Meat Pizza = Yum Yum, bacons on top what more could ask? 
Wafu Burger = Sosyal na Jollibee burger steak. 
For almost 800 bucks, not bad at all. )

At the end of the great day, GummyBear gave me yet another surprise, a simple box containing 2 miniature cars, a Ford Focus TDCi Sport Hatch, and a Red ford Mustang, two of my favorite dream cars. Also, a simple yet very beautiful card, with everything I wanted for my birthday, my GummyBear. Simple things matter, its the people around you that make you who you are, you should always love and care for them, especially on your birthday.

(Gummybear: This is just one of many ways to express how much 
I love my Butterfinger. 
I thanked my Support System, God for making all of this memorable. )

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH RANNESSA ZERDA REJANO!
Thank You for my Greatest Birthday ever!


(Gummybear: I LOVE YOU SOO MUCH TOO!)

No comments:

Post a Comment